Recount text is a text that is used to retell events for the purpose of informing of entertaining.
The generic structure of recount text are :
- Orientation (it gives the reader the background information needed to understand the text such as who was involved, where it happened, when it happened)
- Events (a series of events, ordered in a chronological sequence)
- Re-orientation (restates the writer's opinion or personal comment of the writer on the incedent)
- Use of simple past tense
- Use of temporal conjunction (when, after, before, next, later, then)
- Use of personal pronouns (I,we) and nouns
- Use of adverbs (place, manner, time)
A Tour to The Botanic Garden
On Thursday 24 April, Year Eight students went to the Botanic Gardens. We walked down and got into the bus.
After we arrived at the gardens, we walked down to the Education Centre. We went to have a look around. First we went to the Orchid Farm and Mrs. Rita read us some of the information. Then we looked at all the lovely plants. After that we went down to a little spot in the Botanic Gardens and had morning tea.Next we took some pictures and then we went back to the Education Centre to have lunch. After that we went for a walk.
A lady took us around and introduced herself, then she explained what we were going to do. Next she took us in to the green house. It was most interesting.After we had finished we went back outside. Finally we got into the bus and returned to school. We were tired but happy.